Concrete Finisher (Experienced)
- Prepare the worksite for concrete; setting steel and wooden forms for concrete.
- Place plastic concrete into forms and spread to specified depth.
- Level and straighten the surface, provide a floated, trowelled or textured surface as specified, cut joints to control cracking.
- Operate machines that speed production and semi-automate the placing and finishing process.
- Cure and protect concrete surfaces.
- Properly use dry pack grouting, epoxy coating and other specialty materials.
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other inserts in freshly placed concrete.
- Install specialty concrete and apply architectural surface treatments such as hardeners, colouring, textures or patterns.
- Saw, cut, or core drill existing concrete;
- Restore concrete surfaces; repair, resurface and replace damaged sections of floors, walls, pavements and other concrete structures.
- Train and instruct new team members.
- Assist site superintendent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with tools, methods, materials and equipment used in placing, smoothing, finishing and curing concrete in commercial construction
- Knowledge of concrete mixing, placing and finishing;
- Knowledge of laying out and building forms for concrete construction;
- Able to read and interpret maps, plans, codes and specifications and survey stakes for cement work;
- Use independent judgment and initiative in performing assignments;
- Maintain effective working relationships
- High School diploma/GED
- Completion of apprenticeship program and/or journeyman experience.
- Five years' experience