Experienced Layout Technician
- Review architectural, structural, civil, electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Operate builder level, transit, laser engineering instruments and Total Station system
- Mark points of measurement with elevation, station number, or other identifying mark.
- Measure distance between survey points with steel or cloth tape or surveyor’s chain.
- Mark measuring points with keel (marking crayon), paint sticks, scratches, tacks, or stakes.
- Place stakes at designated points and driving them into ground at specified elevations.
- Provide structure off sets and/or drawings; set up batter boards.
- Install miscellaneous embeds, including anchor bolts, weld plates, etc.
- Create “as built” drawings, as necessary.
- Coordinate findings with work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with project.
- Perform necessary computations to complete survey work and assisting team members in their field work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with operating Total Station system.
- Proficient with builder level, transit and laser engineering instruments.
- Must be able to read and understand architectural drawings and blue prints.
- Knowledge of engineers estimates for design.
- Knowledge of Construction and Electrical Standard Specifications is a plus.
- Must be available to work overtime to meet project deadlines.
- Must have good communication skills, basic mathematical skills, problem solving and acceptance of responsibility.
- Degree in construction, or other related discipline OR equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- 3-5 years layout experience
- Previous experience in a construction environment